Thursday, June 21, 2007

I can't understand the American love for frozen dinners:-/

In an effort to pay off my car as soon as possible, I'm trying to be cheap AND save time when it comes to work lunches.

*trying*

So yesterday I bought a frozen dinner that was on sale - what better way to make sure the meal costs $2 or less and can be put together in seconds, right? Wrong... Today I ate it.

I was thoroughly nauseated by the middle of the meal (but made myself finish it 'cause I needed the protien) and now I'm crunching carrots and trying to forget the stone in my stomach. I guess I was just spoiled so much with good homemade food that I can't stand the pre-made stuff. My mother ruined my tastebuds for life. But I kind of like it that way - I'll just have to go back to the make a casserole ahead of time and freeze it in separate containers method... oh well.:-)

Cooking is more fun than throwing a box in the microwave any way. Back to pots and pans!

No comments: