Thursday, July 12, 2007

The other side of the story...

You know how your mother taught you never to guess a woman's age or weight if she seemed to be over 20 years old? And if forced to, guess under? We all know that she meant to save you from guessing more than the real age or weight and getting whammed with one of those strictly-feminine-looks-of-disgust. But I'm here as living proof that it doesn't always work that way.

For the minority-that's-bigger-than-you-think of people that look younger than their age and weigh less than they want to (like me;-)), you really DON'T want to guess under. Not that I'd be mad about it - but plenty of others would! I just realized this fact again when a salesman walked up to my reception desk today and commented, "Either your company hires young teenagers, or you look really young for your age". I smiled sweetly, stated that I was in my 20s, and secretly wondered who his mother was.;-)

So if any of you guys are tempted to guess a woman's age or weight - please don't. And yes, that include the ones that look like they're 12.;-) And never, I repeat, never use comments on weight or age as any kind of pick up line!

Just trying to help you enhance your life a little bit more - :-)

2 comments:

Jamie Barrows said...

As your cousin, I wonder. Do you think he was guessing low or high? And which one would offend you more? LOL

C R T said...

lol! Well, I probably will remember the conversation I had on the Metro with a woman that thought I was 15 for the rest of my life (when I was 22)... does that answer the question.;-)

Then again, it is a good story - so at least it gives me another way to make fun of myself.:-D

Lol, admit it - I know you have the same problem all the time.

(Reality - I would love it if people guessed high for my weight or height for once!:-))