Friday, August 24, 2007

Worry

Well silly, ridiculous, worrying me was pretty stressed this week... about a number of things including my review. I have to admit, having 3 people laid off the 2 weeks before I got the review didn't help, and neither did the 3 weeks it took to get it scheduled, I didn't feel like I had enough work... but still, why do I worry so much?

Worry is such an interesting thing, the more you think about it, the more it grows. If you just decide to ignore the thought and think of something else it typically goes away! And most of the time if I would just ignore the thought I'd probably be more correct. But no, instead I stewed over it. Yes, I did pray about it - a LOT- but it only calmed my nerves without totally reducing the worry. It helped, but didn't eliminate it completely because I was too worried.:-/

Why do we worry so much? I think I need to post the verse "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself" on my desk wall! Who knows, maybe that will catch my eye the next time my nerves are unhinged!

Oh, about the review - I had it yesterday afternoon. And I honestly have no idea what was wrong with me - I got more work, a promotion, and a raise all at once! So now I'm really the "Marketing Coordinator" and being paid a bit more for it.... God is great - much greater than I'll ever deserve!

1 comment:

Jamie Barrows said...

Congrats on the promotion.