Thursday, August 23, 2007

Do you really...??

Ok, ok, already - I'll update my blog.;-) I guess life has just seemed busy and stressful and unknown lately (all at once!) so I haven't had the time or desire to post my thoughts out to the world... but this morning I thought of a good rant.;-)

Have you ever noticed that when someone gets a drastic haircut there is no way for them to really know what others think about the haircut? Because if they notice - they have to say it looks nice (or something to that effect), and if they don't notice - they're marked as "impossible" and probably masculine...;-)

I got my hair cut shorter than usual last night and was quite thrilled about it (funny how haircuts make you feel less stressed) until I walked into the door at home and saw a few jaws hit the ground.... they say it looks "really good" but very different (No, my dad hasn't even seen it yet;-)).

And I suppose it is different for me, but somehow my head doesn't surprise me when I see it in the mirror or anything - I guess it's because I've been contemplating it for so long.

Here at work this morning it was pretty amusing as well. I sit at the receptionists desk so it was easy to spot people's reactions as they came in. Especially the "I know something's different, but could I be wrong, what is it, I'll pretend not to see!" look in a number of male co-workers eyes. Then there were the usual, "You got a haircut, it looks great!" "I love your hair." or "Did you just curl your hair different again?" comments... The best that actually got be back to liking the cut again was - "It looks like you've got a hot date this weekend - or courting, whatever you call it." And no, I don't. Besides, men supposedly hate short hair anyway so how would that work?;-) But I guess it was a compliment anyway.:-)

So anyway.... I *think* that like it... and sometimes the weird looks are the best part of the haircut.;-)

1 comment:

Jamie Barrows said...

You'll have to post a picture here or on facebook so that I can see.